Tips For Surviving the Weeks Till Spring Break
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Spring break is quickly approaching and many Edina High School students are getting fed up with schoolwork and stressed out. Here are some steps that will help you survive these next few weeks and prepare you for the best spring break of your life. Please follow carefully, and be sure not to skip any steps.
- First, countdown the days until Friday, March 24. Then calculate the hours, minutes, and seconds until that day. Download a countdown app so you can receive regular updates on how many hours have passed and how many more there are until you are finally free.
- Next, if you are going somewhere, make a packing list and start packing at least a week before you leave. This list should be pretty long; overpacking is key here. Later you will find this list to be unnecessary because you are planning on bringing your entire closet with you anyways.
- If you are planning on staying home, start a list of Netflix shows to binge watch. Approximately 8 hours a day will be spent watching Netflix, so be sure to calculate how many episodes you can get through each day. Then do that for each of the eight days of break. At this rate you should be able to finish a season a day!
- Go out and buy books that you tell yourself you will read but never actually open.
- Take a two hour nap after school every day to catch up on lost sleep so that you don’t spend your entire spring break in bed.
- Spend hours online shopping until you find a perfect swimsuit. Also, spend a lot of time looking at other clothes you might need. This is a good opportunity to update your spring wardrobe. Through this process, get motivated to work out because looking at all those bikini models for hours have made you realize that it won’t be winter anymore and you need to come out of hibernation.
- Go to the gym everyday. Or almost everyday. But let’s not over commit ourselves, maybe twice a week is more reasonable.
- Make yourself some amazing meals because your busy schedule of napping and online shopping is sure to work up an appetite. Use your cooking skills to make a delicious grilled cheese or some pasta. Treat yourself because why not? It’s never too early to get into the spring break mindset!
- Pre-game your real tan with a fake one. Book an appointment to get a spray tan. This is crucial because you need to be a nice glistening bronze not just after your trip, but before it too.
- Refrain from any school work for the next few weeks. Train your brain to relax before spring break so that by the time it rolls around you have forgotten what studying is!
Follow these steps religiously and you will be fully prepared for the long-awaited spring break!